Reciprocating saws are very important tools for professional tradesperson. Small nooks, crannies are slicing easily through it. Many types of reciprocating saws are present in the marketplace.
For removing confusion here we present a clear concept from here you can easily decide which one is suitable for you. Please, stay with us patiently.
6 Different Types of Reciprocating Saws
For cutting or demolition tasks there present several types of reciprocating saws. The difference between many types depends on size, power, and value.
Depend on different ways of classification here we present some types of reciprocating saws. From here we believe that you can get a clear concept about it.
Corded Reciprocating Saw
Corded reciprocating saws (also known as corded Sawzall) are using in drawing wall outlet and extension cord. Constant power source gives you unlimited running time out for working. Changing batteries or saw fading out in the middle point is not a matter of worry.
AC, DC or universal electric motors are using for working. Rating terms as amperes or amps. 7-10 amps use during pruning in small branches. Hardwood pruning rate 11 amps or more.
- Widely available in the marketplace.
- Budget-friendly price.
- Wide range demanding.
- Have a reliable chance.
- Getting a consistent power facility.
- Plus, corded have more powerful motors.
- Working indoors and outdoors is not possible.
- Have a possibility to saw accidentally through the power card.
- Have hazards place in the workplace.
Cordless Reciprocating Saw
Battery packs are supplying power in a working hour. Friendly with portability. For the outdooring working area, you can carry it easily. Easily do saw on top ladders or scaffolding. Cordless reciprocating saws with electric motors rate as voltage. Cordless also is known as a handheld saw.
- Very convenient at work.
- Portability adjusts it to any place.
- A new model with lithium-ion batteries gives more performance.
- Brushless motors are more compatible with outdoor work.
- Limited time for running.
- Charging costs for batteries are expensive.
- The extra weight of the battery makes it heavier.
Compact/ One-Handed Reciprocating Saw
Size and design make it more attractive to the buyer. In tight places, a lighter tool like one-handed reciprocating saws is more suitable. Overhead cutting of material is very fast with it. Compact/one-handed saws have compact airpower models. Its rates as amperage or voltage.
- Where both hands are not fitting this saw type can fit.
- Wall interiors, plumbing closets, crawl spaces are the working place of it.
- Easy to handle for its size.
- The small motor gives conflict in working time.
- Long-time running is not possible.
- Smaller blades are not cutting large amounts.
- Need more support due to the smaller size.
Pneumatic Reciprocating Saw
Air saws are another name of pneumatic reciprocating saw. Air compressor needs for its power. Preferable in industrial applications. Chemical plants, gas utilities or refining are the main sectors of this saw type. It rates as CFM or cubic feet per minute.
- The motorless design makes it more durable and reliable.
- Suitable in the industrial environment.
- Self- cooling capacity.
- Run in quiet.
- Portable is not easy.
- We need to have an air compressor supply facility.
- Limited manufacturing industry.
Mini Reciprocating Saw
Mini reciprocating saws come with many sizes. For small sizes 12-inch blade size is optimum. It is the smallest than all.
- Cut the pipe in tight spaces.
- Useful for hindrance spaces.
- Not suitable for heavy tasks.
- Home construction or demolition is not possible.
Plumbing & HVAC Reciprocating Saw
Spaces are incredibility tight in the plumbing area. Especially in pipes have only a few inches. Plumbing reciprocating saws are adjustable in this area. Just need to fit the blade in right place. HVAC places have also space limitations.
During working inside a wall, crawl space, heater closet plumbing & HVAC may give the best solution. Can work in drywall and trim down materials as desired pieces.
- Adjustable in plumbing work.
- Work in pipes safely.
- For HVAC working needs more.
- Work in tight spaces.
- Not set- up in all places.
- Need adjustment with mini saws.
Reciprocating saws are easy in use. No oil or adjustments need. But take some caution. Keep clean always. Clean with air breath. Check out power cord. Unplug the saw during the changing blade.
By maintaining some rules, you can work safely. After knowing about the most common type you can earn a clear concept. So, what types of reciprocating saws will match with you it depends up to you.
New from the blog: