There is no better tool than a circular saw when it comes to cutting wood, metal, tiles, etc. But what’s even better is a smaller-sized compact circular saw that you can operate with one hand only and carry everywhere easily. WORX Compact Circular Saw and Rockwell Versacut are two such tools.
WORX Compact Circular saw is a cordless, one-bladed circular saw which is almost exclusively used for woodcutting. On the other hand, Rockwell Versacut is a circular saw used for cutting wood, metal, and tiles.
Now, let me make decision-making easier for you by giving you a comparison analysis: WORX Compact Circular Saw vs Rockwell Versacut.
WORX Compact vs Rockwell Versacut – Which One Is Better?
WORX Compact Circular Saw
This is a circular saw with a maximum cutting depth of 1″ which comes with only one blade. So this saw is exclusively used for cutting wood. But, that doesn’t make it any less wonderful than any of its contemporaries. It has a few great features which make it an attractive option for those who are looking for tools for woodwork.
One great feature is this saw is completely cordless. Which makes it more maneuverable as it is not plugged in. It comes with a 20-volt charger used to recharge its batteries. The cordless feature allows you to carry it in a smaller place than other circular saws and without any worries about the cord being damaged.
Another great feature is that it comes with a dust vacuum which automatically clears out any sawdust that accumulates on the saw, making it more durable and efficient to use.
- The tool being small allows you to cut more precisely and carry it anywhere and everywhere with a minimum of fuss.
- It is also considerably light, allowing you more control over it and uses it with only one hand, should you choose to do so.
- Despite being almost half as heavy as a regular circular saw, it doesn’t give up any of its power.
- Although it’s almost exclusively used for wood, you can also try cutting thin metal sheets with it.
- The depth-changing lever allows you to quickly make adjustments to your cuts.
- A parallel guide allows you to make straight cuts.
- A safety switch makes sure there is a significantly low probability of any kind of accidental injuries.
- You can administer drop cuts with WORX Compact Circular Saw.
How to Use WORX Compact Circular Saw
Now that you have learned about it, let’s know a bit about how to use a WORX Compact Circular Saw.
At first, the blade is inserted a bit differently in this saw. Rather than mounting the blade from the top like other circular saws, you have to insert the blade from the bottom. So, be very careful not to cut yourself while doing so.
After that, make sure the safety is on. Otherwise, any wrong movement may cause undesirable outcomes.
Thirdly, put the batteries in. Now, you are ready to go.
Remember, do not push down on the saw without engaging it to the surface. If you do so, the shoe will move upward, revealing the blade of the saw and it will start to cut without your wish.
Due to having a greater maximum cutting depth, the Rockwell Versacut is a one-handed saw which is highly controllable. Its design allows you to cut, both plunge and precision, wood, metal, and tiles as it comes with three different blades.
A woodcutting blade for cutting wood, a metal blade for cutting metal sheets and pipes like butter, and a diamond blade for cutting through tiles.
- Being compact, its design allows it to be easily usable than most other circular saws.
- The motor being on the handle makes it more balanced and enables it to make precision cuts.
- Cutting depth can be changed on the fly as an easily accessible adjustment lever is present.
- The design allows you to use it with your left hand, enabling you to see better about the direction your cut is going.
- A dust vacuum is attached to the top which automatically cleans any dust that is deposited on the top of the saw. It saves you time and effort as you don’t have to clean it manually.
- It has two different guides to make sure you cut exactly the way you want to. A parallel guide helps you to keep the saw in place and a laser guide is mounted at the top to help you make cuts that are absolutely straight.
Are Rockwell and WORX the same company?
After reading the key features of both the WORX Compact Circular saw and Rockwell Versacut, you are sure to notice some similarities in their features. This raises a question in your mind, are they the same?
The short answer to your question is, yes. To clarify- let’s go back to the year 1994. It was then, a company named Positec Tool Corporation was founded.
Its founder was Chinese Businessman Don Gao. Ten years later, they launched their first WORX model tools. It was in the same year that Don met Tom Duncan, an entrepreneur, and Vermont American’s former executive.
Under the name of Positec, Duncan bought the Rockwell brand and became its North America division’s head the next year.
So, both WORX and Rockwell are two different brands under the same company, Positec Tool Corporation.
A Final Thought
After the above analysis about WORX compact circular saw vs Rockwell versacut, it can be said that if you are looking for a cordless, almost exclusively woodcutting tool, you have to go for WORX Compact Circular Saw.
But, if you are looking for a multipurpose circular saw to cut not only wood but also metal and tiles, you can choose Rockwell Versacut without any second thought. But one thing is for sure, no matter what tool you end up choosing for whatever purpose, you are sure to get a tool that is extremely efficient and useful.
You May Also Like: